SCKLS provides interlibrary loan services and encourages resource sharing among all libraries. We also offer training and support for the delivery of these services to each member library.
- Login for SLAP Libraries (System Librarians as Patrons) - non-KICNET libraries
- Access to OCLC for out-of-state requests
- SCKLS Collections available for ILL
KICNET Librarian Resources
KICNET (Kansas Information Circuit Network) is the computerized interlibrary loan network for Kansas libraries provided by the Kansas State Library. The following resources are for SCKLS libraries fully participating in the KICNET ILL network, both lending and borrowing ILL materials on AGENT (Auto-Graphics state-wide hybrid catalog).
- General Information & Resources for Kansas interlibrary loan
- Application for library participation in KICNET
- KIC Council Membership Agreement (renewed every 2 years)
- Codes for KICNET libraries - You can search by institution name or city and state for best results.
- Materials Replacement Fund for lost ILL items
- Preferred lender lists for SCKLS Libraries
Member libraries are encouraged to:
- Provide and promote interlibrary loan services to their users
- Send staff to SCKLS-sponsored continuing education activities or request on-site training
- Know and follow state and national ILL protocols and applicable polices and procedures for interlibrary loan service
- Provide State Library with yearly statistics
Kansas Library Express (State-Wide Courier)
The state-wide courier service will be provided by Northeast Kansas Library System (NEKLS) under contract by Henry Industries Courier Networks, a professional courier delivery company with an extensive statewide courier network.
- Kansas Library Express website
- Preferred Lender List - contact Caroline Handwork to request the current SCKLS list
Book Discussion Sets
Staff and Resources
SCKLS provides one half-time position and access to OCLC and KICNET for member libraries that do not have access to these services. Any questions regarding the above topics can also be directed to Katherine Williams.