Grant Information & Forms
Computer prep sheet
Current standard configuration of items available from SCKLS
Software Management Form
TechSoup Order and Certification Form
For the past 21 years the South Central Kansas Library System has made available to its membership the General Technology Grant Program. This grant currently distributes $60,000 per year in maximum $2,500 matching grants. There is no limit on the number of technology item(s) requested, including software. The grants are aimed at assisting the membership with the purchase of small technology projects such as:
- New computers
- Switches and routers
- Software solutions
- Other library related technologies
For automation-related items, please see the Automation Grant. Automation items such as automation systems, automation upgrades, circulation computers, public access catalog stations, barcode scanners, and receipt printers must go through the Automation Grant now. Please note that a library may get both a General Technology Grant and an Automation Grant in one calendar year.
The General Technology Grant Program runs in two rounds this year. Please see the timelines below for the dates of each round. A round ends as soon as one of the following occurs: (a) the funding limit of the round is reached, OR (b) on the closing date of the grant round.
Quotes for the items being requested must accompany your general technology grant. You can click here to view the standard configurations available through SCKLS. If you are requesting only items from the standard configurations page, you do not need to send a copy of the standard configurations page along with your application. If any of the items you are requesting are not on the standard configurations page, then quotes for those items must accompany your application. Please note that as with all quotes, these are estimates only and that pricing at the time of order may vary. If your item is from your own vendor, please contact them for the quote.
Member libraries are eligible to receive ONE General Technology Grant per year as long as funds are available and the request meets grant requirements. School districts and libraries with more than one branch are considered a single entity and can only submit one request per agency per year. Please see the Guidelines (also linked to above) for further information.
Timeline - Round 1 of 2020
- Opens: January 15, 2020 at 10 am
- Closes: March 13, 2020 (OR when funding limit is reached, OR when 15 complete grant applications have been accepted)
- Award by: April 10, 2020
- Eligible purchase(s) must be made between January 1, 2020 through November 20, 2020
- Copy of final paid receipt due: November 20, 2020
Timeline - Round 2 of 2020
- Opens: August 17, 2020
- Closes: November 6, 2020
- Award by: December 11, 2020
- Eligible purchase(s) must be made: January 1, 2020 through July 1, 2021
- Copy of final paid receipt due: July 1, 2021
Pertinent Dates from Previous Rounds
- 2019 Round 2
- Eligible purchase(s) must be made between January 1, 2019 and March 2, 2020
- Copy of final paid receipt due: March 2, 2020
- 2019 Round 3
- Eligible purchase(s) must be made between January 1, 2019 and July 1, 2020
- Copy of final paid receipt due: July 1, 2020